Additional Resources for Victims
Searching for other resources dedicated to helping crime victims?
In addition to Victims Comp, many other government and nonprofit organizations in Georgia offer assistance to victims, family members and witnesses of violent crimes.
Here are additional ways to identify resources:
1. Find a 2-1-1 information and referral service
2-1-1 is a free and confidential service that helps people in Georgia and elsewhere find local resources. They maintain the most comprehensive database of community services available. Click here to find a 2-1-1 service near you, or dial 2-1-1 from your phone to speak to a referral specialist.
2. Call a hotline
Georgia Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-334-2836
National Hotline for Missing and Exploited Children: 800-843-5678
Prevent Child Abuse Georgia: 800-244-5373
3. Connect directly with a nonprofit or government organization
- Georgia Commission on Family Violence
- The Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- The Partnership Against Domestic Violence (PADV)
- Break The Cycle
- Americans Overseas Domestic Violence Crisis Center
- International Directory of Domestic Violence Agencies (Hot Peach Pages)
- Casa de Esperanza
- NO MORE
- Ahimsa House
- National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Love is Respect
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline
- National LINK Coalition
- Men Stopping Violence
4. Find another State Compensation Program
Compensation is handled at the state level. To find another state program, visit the National Association of Crime Victim Compensation Boards website.