Forensic Interviews are structured conversations by a trained interviewer with a child or developmentally disabled adult. They uncover details about events that the person might have experienced or witnessed to ensure they get the help they need ― including social and mental health services, substance abuse treatment, personal advocacy and case management.
The program may be able to cover up to $200 per victim, per victimization, when funding is available.
All of the following criteria must be met:
- The crime occurred in Georgia on or after July 1, 2014.
- The person being interviewed is less than 18 years of age or a developmentally disabled adult.
- The interview is conducted in the context of a multidisciplinary and diagnostic team, or in a specialized setting such as a Child Advocacy Center.
- The interviewer has specialized training to conduct forensic interviews appropriate to the developmental age and abilities of children, or the developmental, cognitive, and physical or communication disabilities presented by adults.
Complete and submit a Complete Application Packet, which includes:
- A Forensic Interview Application for Payment
- A Forensic Interview Referral Document
- A Forensic Interview Itemized Bill
Please Note: The Agency Director must submit a Forensic Interviewer Funding Certification Document for any forensic interviewer employed by their Agency/Organization before payment can be disbursed. This certification will be required annually to be considered for continued payments.
Additional requirements and information can be found on the program application.
TO FURTHER ASSIST A VICTIM
Please encourage the victim’s custodian/legal guardian to contact us as the victim may also be eligible for the following Crime Victims Compensation Program benefits. Our Program Advocates are available to help with the application process.
Georgia Crime Victims Compensation Program Benefit Categories:
- Medical Expenses: up to $15,000
- Funeral Expenses: up to $6,000
- Counseling Expenses: up to $3,000
- Economic Support Expenses: up to $10,000
- Crime Scene Sanitization: up to $1,500